Keystone Agricultural Producers (KAP) is Manitoba’s general farm policy organization representing and promoting the interests of farm families and commodity associations. We work with industry, government, and stakeholders to ensure that agriculture in Manitoba remains profitable and sustainable.
KAP requires a permanent, full-time Communications and Government Relations Coordinator who will be responsible for creating, implementing, and overseeing communications activities that promote KAP, support its advocacy efforts, and create awareness of its programs.
Duties include: editor-in-chief of Manitoba Farmers Voice, media relations and monitoring, publisher of KAP Alert, supporting KAP’s advocacy efforts, and overseeing the management of the website, social media, and KAP events.
Education and Qualifications
- Post secondary education in marketing, communications, English, public relations, journalism or government relations
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in a marketing, communications, or government relation position
- Thorough understanding of communications practices and principles
- Experience and expertise in political sensitivity, understanding legislative and regulatory development process and the general structure of government
- Proven success managing corporate social media accounts and creating social media content
- Demonstrated experience with website management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound judgment and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines
- Experience or understanding of agriculture in Manitoba, an asset
- Requires a driver’s license for travel within the province
KAP offers a fantastic workplace culture, competitive salary packages, and an engaging work environment.
During COVID, full-time employees have the ability to work remotely four days a week.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to tmcnally at peoplefirsthr.com