Next week in Quebec City, agriculture ministers from provinces, territories and the federal government will convene to discuss the major issues impacting the industry right now. In response to the meeting, KAP has put forward a consultation document that guides our advocacy for the meeting.
Key points raised in the document include:
- expand trade opportunities and develop and diversify preferential trade agreements with new markets.
- better maintained roads and bridges to ensure farmers have market access
- a regulatory environment that works for farmers and reduces redundancies
- assist industry during times of animal health crisis and emergencies
- developing business risk management policies and programs that reflect modern farming practices and are reliable for farmers
- environmental programming delivered appropriately and in a timely manner
- inclusion of agriculture in development and implementation of a National Food Policy
- closing the labour gap
To read the full document, click here.