The Manitoba Young Farmers Committee, supported by KAP, provides learning opportunities that are aimed at supporting the growth and success of farmers under the age of 40 who are directly involved in a farm business in Manitoba.
Our mission is to unite young farmers by supporting and promoting their growth by providing learning, networking, and advocacy opportunities.
Through its policy work, KAP also lobbies the government for special consideration of young farmers (under 40 years of age) in areas that include farmland ownership, financial lending and taxation. The YF committee members provide input on these issues and others that young farmers in particular are facing in Manitoba.
Manitoba Young Farmers are those that…
- are between 18 and 40 years old.
- are residents of Manitoba, spending most of their time in the Province.
- are personally affiliated with a farm, small or large, in MB that is a KAP member.
- currently have a management role in the farm or are moving towards a farm management role.
- are working towards earning their primary income from farming.
- are proud to be involved with primary production in Manitoba.
- are involved in what is going on ‘off farm’ that could affect their farm, business and community.
- may or may not come from a farming family.
- want to learn about new methods and tools that will help with farm management.