Manitoba Farm Safety is administered by Keystone Agricultural Producers (KAP). Our goal is to help farmers reduce the number of fatalities and injuries on Manitoba farms. We support all farms without judgment as they move across the farm safety continuum.
The services provided by our farm safety specialist are free, confidential and do not obligate a producer to take any recommended action.
Funding provided through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) and KAP enables Manitoba Farm Safety to provide safety services and training for all Manitoba farmers. Safety training is delivered at a low cost and is specifically designed for the unique needs of the agriculture industry.
Free Advisory Services for Farmers
Our goal is to be a valuable resource to assist farmers with managing safety on their farms. KAP created Manitoba Farm Safety to fill that need for all farmers regardless of whether they are a KAP member.
Manitoba Farm Safety does not share personal information, such as names, locations or observations. Reports and verbal/written correspondence do not leave a farm’s file.
The Value of Our Services
- You can receive answers to your safety-related questions.
- You can gain an understanding of your responsibilities under the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Act and Regulation based on your own farm’s commodities, activities and number of workers.
- You will be better prepared for a WSH inspection.
- You can obtain guidance when implementing or evaluating a safety program or system relevant to your farm.
- You can obtain templates and samples of mandatory safety-related documentation.
- You will be better equipped to identify and address safety hazards on your farm.
- You can access free, professional support to help you comply with Improvement Order(s) WSH officers are authorized to issue.
Safety and Health Legislation in Manitoba
WSH officers carry out farm inspections each year. To prepare for an inspection at your farm, all farmers need to understand how safety legislation applies to farm operations. Watch KAP’s video for a quick overview of safety and health legislation.